Applying to Live at King’s Daughters Home

Q. Are there residency requirements to live at King’s Daughters Home?
A. No. All people are welcome to live in our facility.

Q. Does King’s Daughters only admit women?
A. No. Both men and women can live at King’s Daughters Home.

Q. How affordable is it to live at King’s Daughters Home?
A. Our rates are affordable compared to other private pay facilities in the area. Many of our residents are retired teachers, farmers and Dow employees. View our rates page for costs based on room size and type of care.

Life at King’s Daughters Home

Q. What does the monthly rent include?
A. Monthly rent includes, but is not limited to:

  • Housekeeping services
  • Three meals per day, plus snacks and beverages
  • Laundry and linens
  • Activities
  • Cable television
  • Nursing services, depending on the level of care and whether a resident is in the assisted living or nursing care wing of our facility

Q. May I host a gathering of friends and family?
A. We are happy to assist residents who desire to host a small gathering of friends and family, but the front desk must be notified several days in advance to determine room availability. Our staff will coordinate room setup, including the placement and removal of tables and chairs. Coffee, tea, juice and water are available for a fee. The resident or visitors must provide food, as King’s Daughters Home cannot cater gatherings.

Q. May I bring my pet to King’s Daughters Home?
A. Pets are not allowed to live in our facility, but are welcome to visit. Please be sure that all visiting pets wear a collar and leash.

Q. May I continue to drive my vehicle?
A. Yes, our residents may drive their personal vehicles if assessed to do so safely. Transportation can also be arranged through various agencies in Midland.

Q. Is there storage space available for items I may not use all the time?
A. Yes. Residents are assigned a storage locker in the basement upon moving in. The storage space is large enough to hold clothing and small household items.

Q. Is there Internet or computer access at King’s Daughters Home?
A. Wireless Internet is accessible throughout the facility. The password is available at the front desk and changes periodically. We also have a computer station near the front entrance that is accessible by residents and guests.


Q. May friends and family join me for a meal?
A. Yes. Please inform the front desk of the date and how many people will join you. Due to limited seating, we ask your guest list be kept to a maximum of two. The front desk may be alerted the same day people will visit, but we ask that you let us know at least one hour before the meal is served. No substitutions are possible. For a fee, guests may join the resident in their room and meals will be served on a tray. Guests for birthday meals are also limited to a maximum of two.

Q. May I eat breakfast in my room if I don’t feel like going out to the dining room?
A. Yes, the same hot meal that is served in our dining room can be delivered to your room for a nominal fee.

Q. There are several foods that I do not care to eat. How will the staff know this?
A. After admission to King’s Daughters Home, our dietary and nursing staff will inquire about your food preferences and food allergies. If your tastes or needs change, the necessary changes will be made immediately.

Medical Services

Q. What medical services are provided within King’s Daughters Home?
A. Our facility offers the following medical services in-house, which are provided by companies contracted by King’s Daughters Home. All service providers can bill Medicare and private insurances.

  • Podiatry
  • Audiology
  • Dental
  • Eye care
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice
  • Laboratory services

Q. May I mail order my medications?
A. No. Licensing regulations require that all medications be packaged in single-dose units. This policy applies to residents in both our assisted living and nursing care wings. Our pharmacy services are contracted through Hometown Pharmacy, which bills residents directly.

Q. May I keep my own doctor?
A. Yes, as long as your physician is able to meet assisted living and/or long-term care regulations (and agrees to do so). Should you require a new physician, our medical director and other physicians are able to take new admissions as their patients.

Q. May I keep my medications in my room?
A. An assessment must be completed to determine if it is safe to do so. If medications are kept in a resident’s room, they are kept in a locked box.

Q. Am I able to live in the assisted living wing and use my wheelchair?
A. Yes, we accommodate residents who use wheelchairs as well as motorized chairs such as an Amigo. Assessments will be done to be sure a resident can operate the motorized chair safely.

Q. Who pays for wheelchairs, walkers, etc.?
A. All clinical and personal needs will be billed to the individual/authorized representative. These may include, but are not limited to: walkers, wheelchairs, Merry Walkers, dressing supplies, incontinence products, and other items deemed necessary by our clinicians.

Q. May I take herbal supplements?
A. All medications (oral, topical or injectable) must have a physician’s order before nursing staff may administer them. This includes over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbal supplements or homeopathic remedies.